Thursday, August 22, 2013

Variety

Every summer I see an insect in my garden that I don't think I've ever seen before. There are enormous variations existing in the insect world. I was told that biologists could spend their whole life studying beetles and only scratch the surface, but that covers a range of species. Dogs on the other hand are one species and come in a wide selection of shapes and sizes. There is a dog for every person's taste. House cats on the other hand come in a few varieties from Sphinx to Siamese to Main Coon; from no hair to short hair to long hair. Colours vary from striped orange to different kinds of bi-colour to tabby, to white or black, to calico. It is a wonderful thing to have all these varieties. All of this is due to the DNA code written in each cell. As I ponder this, I think that there must be a master designer who was at work creating all this for His enjoyment. People come in all shapes and sizes too, some real smart, some talented, some big, some small, different ethnic groups, different coloured skin and hair, different likes and dislikes and different beliefs. The creator must like variety. Every living thing is unique; there is no other like it. So when I look at a living creature and think of the fingerprint of the creator left in the DNA, I marvel at His handy work.

No comments:

Post a Comment