Monday, August 20, 2012

Crazy Cat Laws

From what I can glean from some research on cat bylaws, there has been a few very whacky ones around. Here are some of them, I'm sure there are more:
Cats may not yowl after 9 p.m. in Columbus Georgia.
You may not keep a pet cat and a pet bird on the same premises in Reed City, Michigan.
Cats living in Cresskill, New Jersey, must wear three bells to warn birds of their whereabouts.
I Lorinc, Hungary, cats can only be taken to the streets on leashes.
Cats in International Falls, Minnesota, are not allowed to chase dogs up telephone poles.
It is illegal for a cat to fight a dog in Barber, North Carolina.
In the 9th century, King Henry I of Saxony decreed that the fine for killing a cat was 60 bushels of corn.
At the time of my writing my memoir, Two Feral Waifs, Halifax city council was debating a cat bylaw. The debate seemed to go on and on to the point where more important matters of concern where being left aside. Some of the proposals seemed just as silly as the laws stated above.  Two Feral Waifs, my second Kindle publication is a short story about how my wife and I rescued two feral cats and a stray cat from the harsh Canadian winter. Of 16 cats that we have owned, we rescued 14 of them from cold, sickness, and starvation. These were the lucky ones. Unfortunatley, I can't take in every stray cat in Halifax, but if each cat lover does their part, there will be much joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment